Terms of Service
Original date of publication: December 20, 2020.
We are KomikSpot Publishing. a content-creation and distribution platform that is based in Jenny’s Avenue, Barangay Rosario, Pasig City, Philippines. We operate under the name of KomikSpot.
KomikSpot will notify you with our best efforts, when major changes or revisions are to be made to these terms.
You hereby affirm that you are at least 13 years of age to use our platform.
KomikSpot reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the service at any time.
1. Content Policy
- Content in our platform includes images, videos and text or a combination of any of the three. These are either submitted to us via our platform or provided by our team. User-submitted content may not be exclusive to our platform and can be seen on other platforms. KomikSpot will not be held responsible for user submitted content that has infringed any copyright. However, we will take the necessary action on content that has violated any copyright.
- Copyrighted content that are used for satirical purposes and/or content that has obvious similarities with copyrighted material should have a disclaimer by the author who will use our platform to submit this kind of content. The disclaimer should be emphasized on the pages where the content will be placed.
- Adult content is allowed in our platform provided that they do not depict any extremely violent or graphic sexual representation of children. User will provide the necessary disclaimers and age rating when submitting adult content.
- Users should not use the platform to upload content that promotes hate, prejudice or may otherwise cause intentional harm to any individual, ethnicity, minority or institution.
- Links to sites that promote or share illegal content such as child porn, pirated software and content that may otherwise violate copyright laws are strictly not allowed.
- Keep the content you submit as original as possible.
2. Community Etiquette and Acceptable Use.
- KomikSpot fosters a healthy, creative community. We are aware that criticisms may arise and can lead to serious misunderstandings. Therefore we encourage our users to be civil at all times.
- Bullying, harassment and making grave threats are not allowed in the community. Users are encourage to report these issues immediately so our team can take the necessary action.
- You will not use KomikSpot as a platform to engage any activity that will promote hate, prejudice or otherwise may cause intentional harm towards any individual, ethnicity, minority or institution. You will not also, use our platform to maliciously attack other brands or platforms that may be considered as a competition to our platform.
- You will not use KomikSpot for excessive solicitation and self-promotion or any activity that are deemed as spam.
- Advertisements of services and products not related to art, writing and/or comics creation is strictly not allowed.
- You will not use KomikSpot to divulge personal identifiable information or any information that violates the privacy of others. Also, you should not diclose any sensitive information about yourself that can compromise your privacy.
- You will never use another user’s account without permission.
- KomikSpot will not be liable for any of your actions within or outside the platform that may cause repercussions on your character. The views and opinions of the user are their own.
3. Payments, Fees, Refunds and Return Policy
- You agree in these terms that we charge additional convenience or handling fees in order to cover the additional charges made by our payment gateway and shipping partners, as well as these fees will also cover the transaction charges when making remittances to our publishing partners.
- The physical products we sell on our platform are ensured with the highest quality and we also partner with the most competent courier services to make sure that your receive the product in good condition. If you have purchased a physical product from our platform, you are eligible for a refund or item replacement provided that the ff:
- Product has the wrong sequencing of pages.
- Product is poorly bound with pages falling off.
- You were shipped with the wrong product.
- The product has not been received for more than 60 days (2 months)
- KomikSpot will not responsible for damages caused by faulty shipping, however you can report these incidents to us so we can take the necessary steps.
- By essence, failed online transactions on our platform means your card or e-wallet have not been debited of any amount. Should this occur please notify us within seven days so we can take the necessary action. You must provide us with any supporting documentation so we can further investigate on these matters.
- When using our platform to make purchases, you are required to provide complete and accurate billing and shipping information to guarantee that you will receive the items. KomikSpot will not be responsible for returned items due to incomplete shipping details.
4. Indemnification and Limitation of Liabilities.
- You are releasing KomikSpot and any of its affiliates and/or representatives of any liability whatsoever. You waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, damages and losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with KomikSpot’s platform.
- KomikSpot will not be responsible for damages and liabilities resulting from individuals or third parties who pretend to represent our team. We only use our official communication channels such as our e-mail and official Facebook page.
- KomikSpot will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.