Komiks-On-Demand Publishing Partnership
Dreaming of having your first printed comic? Looking for a more affordable and accessible way of getting your comics published? Lastly, do you want to make money from your comic creations? Well here is your opportunity – KomikSpot is here to immortalize your creation for free!
Yes, you don’t have to spend anything – all you have to do is to become a member and agree to our terms. Before you can proceed, please make time to read carefully the details below to know all information about this special opportunity.
Introduction, Specs and Formatting.
- This opportunity is open to all creators who reside in the Philippines, at least 18 years old and have a KomikSpot account.
- Webcomic creators looking for an alternative way to monetize from their creations are welcome.
- Comic creators who are looking for a publisher who will handle the production, distribution and sales of their book.
- Creator should also have a working bank account or e-wallet to receive payments.
This is an on-demand printing and publishing service and we will only deduct the production cost from each sale your book makes.
- Internal pages with cover, alternate/variant covers are allowed.
- Full colored or grayscale/black and white pages.
- Internal page count needs to be a multiple of 4 and at least 20 pages. Maximum allowed pages is 200.
- At least A4 size (3508 x 1748 pixels) and 300 dpi but not more than 600 dpi.
- PSD or TIFF format recommended (PNG or JPEG is allowed but must be at least 300 dpi)
- All comics will have a final output size of at least 14 x 20 cm and not larger than A5 (14.8 x 21 cm).
- Books that are between 20 to 48 pages will be saddle-stitched (stapled) while books between 52 to 176 pages will be perfect bound.
- All books will be printed on a 100 gsm premium white copy paper for internal pages while the cover will be printed on a 270 gsm matte white paper with lamination.
KomikSpot reserves the right to adjust internal pages to avoid your content from getting cropped. We highly recommend using our template so your comic’s pages will look exactly how you initially visualized it.
Creator can opt to have a digital version of their book available, it can be bundled with the book being sold (for added value) or sold as a standalone product.
Digital versions will be sold in PDF format.
Content Rating & Restrictions
KomikSpot loves variety as well as freedom of self expression, but we also have to regulate the content of your title and classify them according to our age rating so we can properly sell them to your target readers. Our Age Rating is as follows:
Rated G – General Audiences
- Family-Friendly Content
- Non-suggestive of any mature themes.
- Fantasy violence with very mild instances of blood
Rated PG – For ages 13 and above
- Mild mature themes and explicit language must be replaced with symbols (i.e. #@%$!^)
- Limited use explicit language (uncensored)
- Mild realistic violence
- Sexually suggestive content but not graphically depicted.
- Implied nudity
- Limited instances of drugs, smoking, gambling, and alcohol.
Rated R – For ages 18 and above
- Explicit language
- Instances of full-frontal nudity and sexual content
- Realistic violence with blood and gore
- Any depiction of blood, alcohol, smoking, and gambling.
- Any depiction of sensitive social issues (prostitution, drug-dealing, human trafficking, etc)
What we DO NOT allow:
- Graphic sexual depictions of children (lolicon).
- Use of existing intellectual properties without permission.
- Targeted attacks toward a specific individual, minority, community or institution.
- Hate propaganda.
Additionally, we will restrict titles for digital distribution only if they are found to have the ff. content:
- Excessive nudity and detailed depictions of genitalia.
- Excessive, detailed graphic depictions of sexual activity such as penetration.
- Excessive violence and gore.
By excessive, we mean by having more than 50% of the content in a single book.
- All creators under the KOD program are locked with an exclusivity agreement that is renewable every year.
- Within this duration, all sales, production and distribution will only be managed by KomikSpot
- Should creators decide to sell copies on their own, they are allowed to avail of our DPS (Digital Printing Service) Plan.
- Creators are still allowed to upload and distribute their works online via KomikSpot or other online platforms (local or international)
- Creators can cancel and pull out anytime but must be done with prior notice and must abide with our publishing agreement terms.
The final price of the Print Only books will consist of the following: Royalty + Production Cost
- Royalty is the amount you will get paid per individual item sold.
- Production Cost will cover the labor and expenses made during the production of your book.
- The final price is exclusive of other fees such as shipping and convenience fees.
Please refer to the table below:
|Maximum No. of Pages||Royalty||Production Cost||Final Price|
- Creators can sell their titles as standalone digital products that can be downloaded as PDF files, OR as part of a digital + print bundle.
- Standalone digital products have a different pricing scheme from print titles.
- Print + Digital Bundles are priced higher than standalone print titles but lower than the total price when both formats are purchased separately.
- For every standalone digital title sold, creators get 75% royalty from the final book price (exclusive of additional fees)
- For Print + Digital Bundles, creators get the royalty of the print title plus 50% markup price.
For example, a Print + Digital Bundle is 32 page title priced at P200.
A) The price of the printed book is P150 and the markup is P50.
B) Creator gets P75 where P50 is the royalty from the printed book and P25 is 50% of the markup price.
Refer to the table below for more information:
|Maximum No. of Pages||Digital Only Price||Print + Digital Bundle Price||Print + Digital Bundle
Royalty + 50% Markup
Creator retains full ownership rights to all their titles under the KOD Partnership.