On-Demand Publishing Partnership
K.O.D. is short for Komiks On Demand, it is our flagship publishing service for comic creators where we publish, sell and distribute their titles exclusively via our Shopee online store for free. As this is an on-demand service, creators need not worry about inventory management and unsold items. All titles are produced per customer order and will be shipped to them via their selected courier.
KomikSpot will only take a portion of each individual sale to cover for production and distribution costs while the rest goes to the creators as their royalty.
Comic creators should be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for publishing and should also have a bank account or a verified e-wallet account to receive payments.
Comics are printed in an output size of at least 14 x 20 cm or a little less than A5 size. The paper used is a premium 100 GSM white paper while the cover is printed on 250 – 300 GSM laminated resin coated photo paper. Titles that are 24 to 48 pages will be saddle stitched (staple-bound) while titles between 52 and 196 pages are perfect bound.
- Internal pages with cover, alternate/variant covers are allowed.
- Full-colored or grayscale/black and white pages.
- Internal page count of at least 24 pages and should be in multiples of 4, maximum number of pages is 196.
- Pages should at be rendered on A4 size (3508 x 1748 pixels) with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for best quality.
- File should be preferably in PSD or TIF format or at least in high resolution JPG or PNG as long as its 300 to 600 dpi.
- Use our our KOD template as a guide for proper layout and trimming. Download here: https://bit.ly/KODTemplate
Rated G – General Audiences
- Family-Friendly Content
Non-suggestive of any mature themes.
- Fantasy violence with very mild instances of blood
Rated PG – For ages 13 and above
- Mild mature themes and explicit language must be replaced with symbols (i.e. #@%$!^)
- Limited use explicit language (uncensored)
Mild realistic violence
- Sexually suggestive content but not graphically depicted.
- Implied nudity
- Limited instances of drugs, smoking, gambling, and alcohol.
Rated M – For ages 18 and above
- Explicit language
Instances of full-frontal nudity and sexual content
- Realistic violence with blood and gore
- Any depiction of blood, alcohol, smoking, and gambling.
- Any depiction of sensitive social issues (prostitution, drug-dealing, human trafficking, etc)
What we DO NOT allow:
- Graphic sexual depictions of children (lolicon).
- Use of existing intellectual properties without permission.
- Targeted attacks toward a specific individual, minority, community or institution.
- Hate propaganda.
- Third party advertisements including but not limited to other local online comic platforms.
Additionally, all titles will be moved to the Platinum program only if they are found to have the ff. content:
- Excessive nudity and detailed depictions of genitalia.
- Excessive, detailed graphic depictions of sexual activity such as penetration.
- Excessive violence and gore.
By excessive, we mean by having more than 50% of the content in a single book.
The price of the KOD Titles will consist of the following: Royalty + Production Cost + Additional Fees
- Royalty is the amount you will get paid per individual item sold.
- Production Cost will cover the labor and expenses made during the production of your book.
- Additional Fees will cover the extra costs charged by Shopee and their shipping partners.
Pricing of these books will depend at the number of their respective pages, regardless of the complexity of their content.
For Royalty – Production Cost break down, please refer to the table below:
|Maximum No. of Pages||Royalty||Production Cost|
- All creators under the KOD program are locked with an exclusivity agreement that is renewable every year.
- Within this duration, all sales, production and distribution will only be managed by KomikSpot
- Should creators decide to sell copies on their own, they are allowed to avail of our DPS (Digital Printing Service) Plan.
- Creators are still allowed to upload and distribute their works online via KomikSpot or other online platforms (local or international)
- Creators can cancel and pull out anytime but must be done with prior notice and must abide with our publishing agreement terms.
- Creators are paid upon request, they can monitor their sales via the number of items sold at the Shopee online platform. Creator must provide a valid payout channel to receive payments. Transaction fees may be deducted from the payout amount.