Komiks-On-Demand Publishing Partnership
Dreaming of having your first printed comic? Looking for a more affordable and accessible way of getting your comics published? Lastly, do you want to make money from your comic creations? Well here is your opportunity – KomikSpot is here to immortalize your creation for free!
Yes, you don’t have to spend anything – all you have to do is to become a partner and agree to our terms. Before you can proceed, please make time to read carefully the details below to know all information about this special opportunity.
Introduction, Specs and Formatting.
- This opportunity is open to all Filipino independent comic creators who are at least 18 years old*
- Webcomic creators looking for an alternative way to monetize from their creations are welcome.
- Comic creators who are looking for a publisher who will handle the production, distribution and sales of their book.
- Highly recommended – the creator should have a KomikSpot account.
- Creator should also have a working bank account or e-wallet to receive payments.
*Individuals ages 17 and below should have at least a signed letter of consent from their parents.
KomikSpot reserves the right to adjust internal pages to avoid your content from getting cropped. We highly recommend using our template so your comic’s pages will look exactly how you initially visualized it.
All comics will have a final output size of at least 14 x 20 cm and not larger than A5 (14.8 x 21 cm).
Books that are between 16 to 44 pages will be saddle-stitched (stapled) while books between 48 to 176 pages will be perfect bound.
By default, all books will be printed on a 100 gsm premium white copy paper for internal pages while the cover will be printed on a 220 gsm matte white paper with lamination.
Prior to placing an order, buyers can decide if the pages to have them printed on 120 or 140 gsm paper or the cover printed on a 250+ gsm resin coated photo paper with lamination (see Addons below.)
Creator can opt to have a digital version of their book available, it can be bundled with the book being sold (for added value) or sold as a separate product.
Digital versions will be sold in PDF format.
Content Rating & Restrictions
KomikSpot loves variety as well as freedom of self expression, but we also have to regulate the content of your title and classify them according to our age rating so we can properly sell them to your target readers. Our Age Rating is as follows:
Rated G – General Audiences
- Family-Friendly Content
- Non-suggestive of any mature themes.
- Fantasy violence with very mild instances of blood
Rated PG – For ages 13 and above
- Mild mature themes and explicit language must be replaced with symbols (i.e. #@%$!^)
- Limited use explicit language (uncensored)
- Mild realistic violence
- Sexually suggestive content but not graphically depicted.
- Implied nudity
- Limited instances of drugs, smoking, gambling, and alcohol.
Rated R – For ages 18 and above
- Explicit language
- Instances of full-frontal nudity and sexual content
- Realistic violence with blood and gore
- Any depiction of blood, alcohol, smoking, and gambling.
- Any depiction of sensitive social issues (prostitution, drug-dealing, human trafficking, etc
What we DO NOT allow:
- Graphic sexual depictions of children (lolicon).
- Use of existing intellectual properties without permission.
- Targeted attacks toward a specific individual, minority, community or institution.
- Hate propaganda.
Additionally, we will restrict titles for digital distribution only if they are found to have the ff. content:
- Excessive nudity and detailed depictions of genitalia.
- Excessive, detailed graphic depictions of sexual activity such as penetration.
- Excessive violence and gore.
By excessive, we mean by having more than 50% of the content in a single book.
The final price of the book sold in our comics will consist of the following: Base Price + Print Cost + Addon Price (optional)
- Base Price is where you will get your royalties, depending on your partnership type.
- Print Cost will cover the labor and expenses made during the production of your book.
- Addon Price is for the optional paper and cover type the book will be printed on instead of the default one.
|Maximum No. of Pages||Base Price||Print Cost||Final Price (excluding Addons)|
Digital versions sold separately will be priced according to their base price.
Addons are premium options decided by the buyer, as stated above. These options add to the final price of your book.
|Addon Type||Addon Price|
|Paper Type B (for pages)|
120 gsm high quality matte paper
|Paper Type C (for pages)|
140 gsm premium white matte paper
|Cover Type B (for cover)|
250+ gsm resin coated photo paper with lamination
All prices indicated on the tables above are in Philippine Peso (PHP)
- 90% royalty from base price, paid quarterly.
- Get additional tips/donations from buyers.
- Books will be sold only via KomikSpot’s sales channels except during conventions (by request).
- Digital versions can be bundled or sold separately.
- Optional free-to-read web version.
- Co-branded publishing, KomikSpot will place a logo on the cover or include an advertisement page inside.
- Priority in promotion, advertising and marketing.
- 75% royalty, paid quarterly.
- No print costs or shipping fees added.
- Get additional tips/donations from buyers.
- Books can be sold outside KomikSpot’s sales channels
- Books will be downloaded as PDF files.
- Strictly no free-to-read web version on KomikSpot or outside platforms unless offered for free or has distinctions/differences (bonus content, improved art, etc.)
- Priority in promotion, advertising and marketing will depend on sales performance.
Creator retains full ownership rights to the title regardless of partnership type.
Creator must comply with our Publishing Partnership Agreement.
Ready To Become A Partner?
If everything is crystal clear, then by all means click the button below. Good luck and we’re excited to be partner with your creative endeavor!